Saturday 26 May 2007

thoughts of today...

what is it but fragments of our own selfs that we would discard that we may become free...

If it is an unjust law we would abolish, surely that law was written with our own hands upon our own foreheads...

If it a care we would cast off, surely that care has been chosen by us rather than imposed upon us...

And if it fear we would dispel, the seat of that fear is surely in our heart and not in the hand of the feared?

I have come to realise...all things move within my being in constant half embrace....the desired and the dreaded...the repungnant and the cherished...the pursued and that which I would escape...these things move within me as lights and shadows in pairs that cling...and when the shadow fades and is no more, the light that lingers becomes a shadow to another light and thus my freedom when it loses its fetters becomes itself the fetter of a greater freedom...

sweet surrender today...no more striving...

No comments: