Monday 2 July 2007

Words are failing me this morning...so I echo utterings found in Psalm 17

O Lord, hear my plea for justice.
Listen to my cry for help.
Pay attention to my prayer,
for it comes from honest lips.

Declare these Gomars innocent...

You have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night.
You have scrutinized me...did you find somehting wrong?
I am determined not to sin in what I say.

May our Gomars know Your commands, may they follow hard after Your commands.
Keep them from following cruel and evil people.

My steps have stayed on Your path;
I have not wavered from following You...well I long not to waver...
I am praying to You because I am trusting You will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.

Show Your Gomars Your unfailing love in wonderful ways.
By Your mighty power You rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies, rescue Your Gomars.


Guard them as You would guard Your own eyes.


Protect them from the wicked people who attack them,
from murderous enemies who surround them.
These enemies...they are without pity.
I feel sick, suffocated at the sound of their boasting!
They track these women down and surround them,
watching for the chance to throw them to the ground.
They are like hungry lions, eager to tear apart—
like young lions hiding in ambush.
Arise, O Lord!
Stand against them, and bring them to their knees!
Rescue Your Gomars from the wicked with Your sword!

By the power of Your hand, O Lord,
destroy those who look to this world for their reward.
(Destroy this in me)

Satisfy the hunger of Your treasured ones.
May their children have plenty, leaving an inheritance for they can see You.

When they awake from the night,
may they see You face to face and be satisfied.

No comments: