Saturday 11 August 2007

"So I'm just thinking to myself, right...
I'm thinking that John Lennon said,
'Imagine there's no heaven...
'But I'm thinking,
'Get lost, John - I think I
might imagine there is'....

I'm thinking of a place where nobody notices
their nakedness
and species aren't endangered.
Where you've got all shapes and sizes...
but no one great or small.
Where people meet you
and don't even notice your bone structure
or your colour
because they're so struck by your soul.
Where they hear your spirit not your accent
and everyone knows that everyone's only a mere immortal.

You won't have to pray because you can talk.
There is no need for churches,mosques or temples.
No one tells you how to live your life
because no one needs to.
There'll be no-streets of gold
or pearly gates or harps,
no big dad god and little boy god
on matching thrones.
No regrets
but a place where every time you bump into a
"why"
you can feel a "because".

I'm imagining a place called heaven.
A place where you can
cling through the air on wings like eagles,
run but never get tired."

(Martin Wroe - When You Haven't Got A Prayer: A journalist talks to God, Lion Publishing, 1997)

No comments: