Sunday 3 June 2007

Death and Hope vying with each other...

Thursday past...didn't do anything with our Gomar's other than sit! Sitting mostly in silence, overwhelmed by such a state of existence. Men came and went, our ladies offering dead parts of themselves over and over again...will I ever understand?

couldn't offer words, prayers, couldn't even truely offer love...
felt numb inside to the reality of it all...felt numb inside to the hope of the gospel that I long to give my life too...

Has my presence down town become emotionless?
Has the normality of our presence in town, has it diluted the very presence of Jesus?

to you Lady Gomar I am sorry...
O that you may hear His voice, speaking tenderly to you...
Lady Gomar, that you would stop suffocating the fire of His love...all you leave yourself is coal...why still do you chose to feed on ashes?

"What's going on, it's cold out here
You have a life but it's torn and tattered
Gomar, you're losing pieces of your heart
You have a world but it has stopped turning
You have lost another day and have chosen the dark
Love is a fire but you quench its desire to burn
Stop dragging My love across the coals
It is time to recover your soul
Lazy old sunset sinking like a tear
Alone at night in a losing battle
That perfect world is never clear
You have to fight for the things that matter
Spare your heart, save your soul
Stop dragging My love across the coals
I want to recover your soul"

No comments: