Thursday 5 July 2007

Around Belfast I am nowhere to be found

it has been a while since i have paused long enough to move beyond myself...

fresh revelations have been bouncing through this head all day...and as I put my wondering mind to rest for today, i draw peace from a last confession.

I need to acknowledge that I spend most of my life in distraction...money, work, family, friends, eating, noise, walking, hiding, waiting, wanting, wondering, wandering.

I'm sorry lady Gomar that so often these distractions keep me from love, keep me from sacrificing for you...keep me from looking into you with eyes that desire more for you...keep me from begging, wrestling, groaning, worshipping and pleading for you.

Can I make myself feel better compromising that life is just a series of distractions...or are the distractions keeping us from life?


Today has been labelled a Thursday...around Belfast I am nowhere to be found...this head full of distraction led me home...I will miss you tonight Gomars, will feel a little lost, a little distant...a little far from home.

"Cast them into morning for the night has been unkind, take them to that place so Holy, that they can wash the memory from their mind".

Father, as she begins to raise her voice, may You lower Yours and grant her one last choice.

1 comment:

Joy Bell said...

I have been hearing God on distractions lately. Just constructing my blog about it all now...I really feel that the high places God has shown us are the reality. More real than our flesh and bones and breath. The haze that covers the high places are the disractions. They seem more real than the high places but in the end we will see they are just an illusion. Imagine if we lived in the freedom of the truth of the high places. I know God has shown you some!